With the help of a modelled network, we will find potential savings for you.
Model complex networks digitally
Different scenarios for the optimal solution
Network modelling is time-consuming and, beyond a certain scope, can no longer be mapped by hand. However, it is often only through the mapping of a network that enormous potential savings for companies become apparent.
Special computer software helps to map networks and carry out simulations. This enables companies to model the logistics network with manageable effort and to experiment with various scenarios.
We can support you with the network simulation
- Network modeling of logistics and production networks
- Network optimization
- Optimization of transport costs
Network planning tools
- Modelling, evaluation and optimization of the supply chain network
- Location finding and evaluation
- Analysis of different scenarios and/or changes in the supply chain
- Visualization of network and transport
- Data management and data analysis of the supply chain data
What modelling elements are there?
Various modelling elements are used to model a logistics network. Among others, the following elements are often used for modelling:
- Company products
- Factories that manufacture or supply the defined products
- Warehouses that store products or assume a lifting function
- Customers and their demand
- Means of transport and the respective pricing models
- Connections between locations
Simulation tools enable optimizations with different objectives
When selecting this optimization target, the costs incurred in the model are minimized in an optimization run.
All restrictions given to the model are taken into account. A required service level can be included as a restriction.
Maximizing the service level
This optimization goal is aimed at maintaining the service level required in the model during a simulation.
Network optimization based on the service level makes sense, especially when delivery times are a clear decision-making factor for the customer.
As an optimization goal, the focus is on minimizing the CO² footprint in order to map a sustainable logistics network.
Minimizing the carbon footprint
Factors of success
The right level of detail for the simulation varies depending on the customer and the task at hand. An optimal planning basis is created with the simulation model, which models the status quo in the first step. This allows us to show the effects of changes to the network and substantiate optimization potential.
What are the biggest sources of error in network simulation?
Digital network simulations help to record and display the complexity of all processes. You can only see potential savings if you take a closer look at your network.